While the nature of what constitutes an "embarrassing" sexual situation is being tossed around, I have personally found that the awkward moments during sex are great for a] storytelling over meals (Albright, you know how we roll), but more importantly, b] helping the ego recover post-breakup.
An example to illustrate:
A while back, my psoriasis decided to gang up on me, leaving me with a highly uncomfortable outbreak on a highly unfortunate part of my body (yep, you guessed it: the lower lady parts). Since that's a rather sensitive part of the body, I had to be careful what I put on to relieve the itch. Thankfully, Vagisil has a numbing agent in it, which substantially relieved the pain.
On my way to work one morning, I slapped a dollop of cream on and went on my merry, itch-free way. The psoriasis had calmed so much, in fact, that I forgot it was even a problem---until later that day when I arrived at my ex's (let's call him "Harry Potter" for the sake of internet anonymity) house, that is. While proceeding to go downstairs, so to speak, Potter discovered (and attempted to relay to me, in a combination of impeded speech and frantic gesticulation) that he had ingested the Vagisil, and his mouth had gone completely numb.
Back then I was mortified---I had just Vagisil-ed my boyfriend's face, for crying out loud! How do you respond to that in the heat of the moment? But now, after a long and painfully drawn-out breakup, I feel like it was a little "taste" of preemptive karma. (That's right, douchebag, you deserve it). So for all of those embarrassing moments that happen, and happen they will, I say laugh along with them. And later on when you need to remind yourself of why you're awesome, laugh again.
Love,
La Femme N
No comments:
Post a Comment