Celibacy is, so far, not terrible. It's also not a ton of fun...yet. Does it ever get to be fun? The Sheriff is used to getting it in pretty regularly, so given that it's only been about two weeks without sex in my life, whining to my friends about it is just pathetic. Two weeks is hardly real deprivation, but as anyone who has ever tried to break a habit (nail biting, drinking soda, cursing) knows, two weeks can feel like forever.
One of the big changes I've noticed has been the increased laziness in regards to my sexualized appearance. Thanks to a childhood trauma of one of my brother's friends pointing out my pubic hair in a bathing suit WHEN I WAS TEN, I've been pretty devoted to my razor. A few times a year, I try to grow my hair out just to see what it's like and because of my strong feminist sensibilities that remind me how silly it is to spend all this money, time, and energy removing something that occurs on my body naturally, but then it just gets itchy and weird and inappropriate scratching in public becomes necessary. So I cave and shave.
But given that work has started up again for me and that I usually wear pants and tights, that level of maintenance is fading. And that has brought about my first celibacy related epiphany: to be sexualized appears to be all appearance based. And not just that, but it's also artificial levels of appearances, as in removing body hair. At least, so far it is.
What do you think? Does your maintenance tend to fall off when sex is not a regularity? Or are you one of those brave people who doesn't bother with the razor?
Much love,
The Sheriff

No comments:
Post a Comment