This Saturday, February 9th, 2013, marked three years for me without any eating disordered behaviors. No skipped meals, no excessive time in the gym, no purging after family holidays. Over a thousand days without it.
I don't have any massive wisdom to share about it, aside from the fact that it is at the core quite simple (note: simple and easy are drastically different). I wanted to change. I wanted to stop limiting myself and my life through my illness. So, I stopped participating in those behaviors, one hour at a time. Early on, an hour after dinner sitting with my feelings and being full and not throwing up felt like a triumph. But at some point, hours turn into days. and those days turn into weeks, and eventually you stop waiting to fuck up, you stop waiting for the other shoe to drop and just let yourself live.
That's about where I'm at right now. And it feels pretty damn good.
Much love,
The Sheriff
Follow me on twitter @ff_sheriff or get at me on Facebook!

You are so stong and beautiful!! I am so happy that you overcame your illness and can say that you are fully recovered.
ReplyDelete-Jen