Tuesday, June 21, 2011

25 years of marriage: some life and love lessons, care of Mama and Papa Sheriff

source

Today is my parents' 25th wedding anniversary. They were both married (VERY young) to other people, both had a daughter with previous spouse, quickly divorced them and met each other. They worked at Geno's, a chicken and burger fast food chain local to the Philly area: my dad trained my mama, and asked her on a date. The rest is history.

source

So I thought today I'd take a break from the sex and body image blogging and just share some things that my parents have said over the last few weeks that I've been home (not that they knew I was squirreling these things away to write about later).

Mama Sheriff says:

--Even after 25 years, he makes me laugh. He drives me crazy, but he makes me laugh.

--Whoever you end up marrying, or living with, or whatever, they're going to change. And you will too. But don't think things will always be the way they are at the beginning.

--I wish I was a lesbian. I can't wait to move to Northampton when Dad dies (yes, she has actually said this. Multiple occasions).

Papa Sheriff says:

--Your mom is hot.

Any good advice you've gotten from your parents, about love or otherwise?

Much love,
The Sheriff

2 comments:

  1. My dad loves to tell me about how hot my mom is too (minor gross-out :P) lol. He talks a lot about how they've each grown into the perfect person for one another. They weren't a very good match at first, but over the last 24 years they've become the perfect pair, outlasting virtually all of their married-couple friends. They're inspiring to me. :) It's about growing together, as well as not giving up at the first sign of trouble. :)

    ReplyDelete