Monday, February 21, 2011

the sheriff is a naughty recovered anorexic...

..because she forgot that it's National Eating Disorder Awareness Week! Whoops.



The theme (for both last year and this year) is "It's Time to Talk About It." I've brought that theme up in recent entries, so I hope that in your own lives, you open up some form of discussion about eating disorders/disordered eating in your own history, your family, friends, society, whatever strikes you. NEDAW is asking you to think of the one thing that you can do to help prevent, help, or heal someone with an eating disorder, which I think is fantastic. You can't cure someone, no matter how hard you try. You can't even cure yourself instantly. But you can absolutely do just one thing to help.

If you feel that you might need treatment or want to seek out information for yourself, that's amazing that you can recognize that you're struggling and the internet is full of amazing resources! I've listed some below, but there are PLENTY more out there. You should feel proud of yourself for taking the first step towards a healthy and full life!

NEDAW website.

ED Bites.

Something Fishy.


Renfrew Center.

Weightless.

Much love (and support!),
The Sheriff

No comments:

Post a Comment